Why Borrow with the Credit Union?
At Antrim Credit Union we are here to help and can provide loans to members at attractive terms.
So whether you are thinking of a dream holiday, a new car, or making some improvements to your home - whatever the reason, talk to us about your needs.
One of the main benefits of taking a loan with Antrim Credit Union is that the interest is calculated on a reducing balance, this means the faster you pay off your loan - the less interest you pay.
Check out our loan calculator for a loan that suits you.
This calculator is for illustrative purposes only, to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. The Credit Union, or any of its staff, cannot be held responsible for any errors. Please note that this calculator only provides an indicative quote and actual repayments may vary.
Savings and Benefits of a Credit Union Loan
- Very reasonable interest rates
- Interest is only charged on the reducing loan balance – this means you only pay interest on what you owe
- Loan Protection Insurance to eligible members
- Easy repayment options by Direct Debit
- No penalty if you make larger repayments than agreed, make additional lump sums, or you repay the loan early.
- Repayment terms flexible to suit your personal circumstances. Repayments can be rescheduled if difficulties arise.
- No hidden fees or transaction charges
- Prompt personal attention from friendly staff
- Easy application process and speedy decisions
How to Apply for a Loan
To qualify for a loan, you must first be a member of Antrim Credit Union. After becoming a member, you must deposit the minimum of £20.00 into your shares.
Applying for a loan is easy and quick decisions are made on loan applications. Members can apply for a loan in a variety of different ways;
Visit Office – you can visit our Credit Union office in Antrim or Randalstown.
Website - via Member Online Banking
If neither of the above options are suitable, you can apply for a loan over the telephone.
Please note that we now conduct Experian credit searches for applicants and we will require 3 months bank statements with each application.
How Are My Shares Affected?
When borrowing money from us, you are required to have a savings balance supported by regular deposits. This is required in order to ensure that collateral is in place against the balance of the loan. This means that your shares are inaccessible when borrowing, until such times as they exceed the outstanding balance of your loan.
You can always pay into your shares, however; just make sure your loan is paid up to date!